Through the years, Kaplan University has also helped tens of thousands of students advance their nursing careers. Kaplan offers Bachelor and Master of Science in Nursing programs as well as a Doctor of Nursing Practice program.
All programs are delivered by highly experienced practitioners and are meeting every employer’s requirements. Kaplan’s flexible programs are geared towards working nurses who also have to meet family obligations.
Kaplan University offers the academic programs, and has the instructors as well as useful professional connections and affiliations that will support you in your efforts to get a great career, regardless whether you just decided to get into the field, or whether you are already active as a nurse.
The world of contemporary nursing is constantly changing and advancing due to new technology, research, and innovative treatment solutions, and to keep your skills and knowledge and skills up-to-date is crucial. Kaplan offers a wide variety of programs for the many career opportunities available in the nursing sector, such as patient care, teaching, and administration.
Take a closer look at what Kaplan is offering:
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP). This online program is developed to support advanced practice nurses in getting ready for the modern-day healthcare environment. The degree leads to a variety of new professional opportunities in clinical and leadership positions.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). Kaplan’s online master’s degree is specially developed for working nurses who would are looking to advance their career to the next level, and work towards advanced practice as well as leadership positions. The program includes specialized lessons in pharmacology, pathophysiology, advanced health assessment, organizational theory, health policy, health care finance, human resources, healthcare systems, and information technology. Students need 1.5 to 2 years full-time study to complete the program.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) – DNP Path. Kaplan’s Master of Science in Nursing—DNP Path offers students the chance to learn online and earn the credentials that enable them to pursue positions in advanced practice or administration. Students who hold a bachelor’s degree and want to follow the DNP (Doctor of Nursing Practice) program, must first complete the MSN-DNP Path before they can move on to the DNP program.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
Via Kaplan’s online RN-to-BSN completion program you can earn your bachelor’s degree in a convenient and flexible way. The program focuses on professional leadership and includes courses in management, research, informatics, health assessment, new trends and practices in healthcare therapies, and public health nursing. Students will also receive education and training in community health, health promotion, general healthcare information, healthcare management, and professional ethics. Students will require 18 months of full-time study for completion.
- Pre-licensure Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This is a campus-based program designed to support students through the integration and organization of skills, content, and procedures. The program has a dynamic curriculum that’s developed to boost student competence and knowledge, and provides the required foundation for those seeking to advance to higher nursing practice levels. Kaplan offers this program on-site in Omaha, Nebraska, and Augusta, Maine.
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN). Kaplan’s ASN (Associate of Science in Nursing) program is an onsite/online program intended for students with no prior nursing education, and also serves students with a background in nursing who seek to boost their educational horizons. Students can benefit from real-life clinical experiences and participating in nursing labs with the flexibility of online coursework.
Certificate Nursing Programs
- Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner. Kaplan offers students the chance to earn a post-master’s Adult-Gerontology Nurse Practitioner Certificate online. The program is designed for professional nurses and is aimed at diagnosing and managing acute and chronic health problems and promoting holistic healthcare. Students are prepared to serve optimally as advocates for clients when they enter the healthcare system.
- Executive Leader Graduate Certificate. The online Executive Leader Graduate Certificate is for healthcare professionals who are seeking to acquire more responsible and rewarding managerial positions and leadership roles in community health, hospitals, long-term care facilities, or another healthcare system. This certificate program requires six terms of full-time learning.
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate. Kaplan’s online post-master’s Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate is designed for professional nurses and aims at promoting holistic healthcare to children and adults in a family setting, and for diagnosing and managing their acute or chronic health issues.
- Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate. Kaplan’s online Nurse Educator Graduate Certificate program is for nurses with a master’s degree in nursing, and offers them the opportunity to benefit from five courses that are all centered on nursing education. The certificate qualifies for teaching positions in nursing schools, continuing education, clinical education, staff development, and patient and community education programs.
Practical Nursing Diploma Program – Kaplan
Kaplan’s Practical Nurse Diploma Program is an on-campus program that offers students the chance to develop the skills and knowledge required to make a difference in a lot of patients’ lives through lectures, group discussions, and a lot of hands-on lab training. Students combine classroom learning with laboratory and clinical settings experience so they can deliver care under the supervision of a registered nurse or a physician.
Kaplan University is a higher learning institution committed to providing innovative and exciting undergraduate and graduate studies, as well as continuing professional training and education. Kaplan offers lifelong education solutions all around the world, and is serving students of all ages with test preparation in a wide variety of subject fields, from kids and school programs to postsecondary education, and professional training.
Kaplan University was founded in 1937 and has always been a leader in education that is in line with employers’ needs and employment demands through innovative educational methods and resources. In those days, as America still felt the woes of the Great Depression, and the need for workers with postsecondary education increased.
Kaplan University is dedicated to providing students with learning opportunities so they can start or improve their careers, or get ready for a career change that fits them better in our modern-day global environment. Kaplan works for career improvement through both in-class and online program delivery that is geared towards student success.
The Nursing Career. To become a successful nurse, you need to be an exceptional person, and you need to have a committed educational institution that will support and guide you in your career.